Monday, August 08, 2005

so many changes

I think I am entering a year in which the most changes will happen. More changes than any other year I've ever experienced. My goal is to learn to cope with the changes without falling apart. Not that I see myself falling apart, but I think that in general, people don't like change.

Sure we like little changes: like new clothes, new friends and new music. But the truly big changes? The ones that really change your life as opposed to your mood or something like that? They scare us.

I will admit to being a little scared...apprehensive if you would (I learned that word in elementary school on an episode of Full House...Uncle Jesse was apprehensive about having twins). I sometimes get a little caught up in the fear of change and wonder what this next year will bring. But then sometimes I get caught up in the excitement of change...and wonder what this next year will bring.

Regardless (or shall I say-irregardlessly?), I don't know what the next year will bring, and it should be interesting.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't be scared (or apprehensive). You're a strong and courageous person. You get to experience something that will help you grow and teach you tons of things. I know how it feels to leave everyone you know and go into an unknown territory, (I suppose I had the luxury of knowing that I only had 4 months) and remember how scared I was? And remember how happy I AM that I did it? Plus I grew up quite a bit, if I do say so myself.

I think that you will do awesome, and you'll get to know your fiance in a way you never have before! (that kind of looks like finance, but it's not). You can finally live together, get annoyed at him for tickling you, fight over who gets the iron and have a total blast the whole time.

I'll miss the drives to work (most of which were in complete silence), the weird hyper moments, the "I'm so annoyed I wish she'd get the hell away from me" moments, and every other moment. But it will be worth it because you'll be doing something very important.

I guess that was a long way of saying don't be scurred... Be excited!

Evey said...

I totally know EXACTLY what your talking about. I have always hated change, the very thought of it has always terrified me and in some ways I suppose it still does. BUT.....the last year was the same for me as what you are about to do. Chris and I got married and moved 3000 miles away all within 2 weeks of each other. It sounds crazy, and it was scary...getting married and moving away from everyone and everything I knew. As much as it all scared the crap out of me I knew that at the time Chris and I needed that time to be married and on our own.

That being said moving to Boston was the greatest thing we could have done. We didn't know it at the time, but this last year has been amazing for us. Easy, no...but looking back on it all it has been awesome and I dont regret this move one bit.

I wish you and Jordan all the best and I have no doubt a year from now you will look back and see all the positives that have come from this move. Speaking of which, when are you guys moving?

Tammy & Jeremy said...

I know you wrote me one other time and I am just wondering if I actually know you? My friend Yvonne posted something on your blogsite so I thought I might!

Anyway, don't worry too much. I too have moved to a new country for LOVE! It's change that encourages our hearts to grow stronger.

K said...

Tammy- no you don't know me, I don't know you. But I saw a link to your site on evey's blog and saw that you were recently engaged and planning a wedding and since I am also doing the same thing (in fact, I think I got engaged just the day before you...) I thought I'd comment.
I hope you're adjusting to your move well!

Evey said...

Hey Tammy, this is Kristen she is engaged to JORDAN!!!