Tuesday, August 09, 2005

overheard this morning...

Teen boy: What’s with all these seagulls…they’re everywhere
Teen girl: Man, I haven’t seen seagulls since I was in California.
Teen boy 2: I don’t understand why there are seagulls on the prairies…I mean, where’s the sea???
Teen girl2: It’s called Great SALT Lake…seagulls are attracted to the salt.
Teen boy 2: Uuhhhh, we’re nowhere near Great Salt Lake.
Teen girl2: Oh yeah…I forgot we weren’t in Utah. I’ve been in Utah like, all summer.

Yup…the mormon invasion on campus continues this week. They’re everywhere…I feel like they’re on me. Though the young boys are quite polite, they hold doors and everything.

3 comments:

thephoenixnyc said...

Mormnons will lose majority status in Utah within 15 years says a recent report.

Perhaps because they are leaving for missionary work and not going back? (shiver)

K said...

Now, do you think that's because current mormons are leaving the church or because more people are moving to Utah?
I'm sure it's a combination, but I'd be curious to know what the "dropout" rate is and how it compares to that of other faiths.

thephoenixnyc said...

I think its because more people are moving to the stae and many Mormons are going abroad.

They have very low dropout rates.