Monday, July 04, 2005

i've got nothing

I’m so not creative right now that I’m resorting to this kind of thing. Ah well. I’ll have my own material soon I’m sure.

10 years ago.... Summer of 1995? I would have been turning 15 so that was the summer before High School right? Wow, I have no idea what I did that summer. I didn’t have a “real job” that’s for sure. Probably just sitting around, reading books and hanging out. That was the life…

5 years ago......Summer of 2000? That was my last Stampede week in Band. So that’s the summer I became a “World Champion” and the summer I had reconstructive knee surgery. So I spent a lot of time hepped up on goofballs and playing playstation. I also spent a lot of time at the physiotherapist and laughing at my mum trying to make my exercises more fun.

1 year ago........Last summer I was working full time, quite enjoying the “newness” of my job. I didn’t like that the weather sucked last summer, but it was still ok. I do remember being REALLY frustrated that it was always so sunny and beautiful during the week but that it was cloudy and rainy all weekend.

Yesterday.........I was recovering from moving. It was a beautiful day. I had breakfast outside, went to the Farmers Market and even went for a walk around 9pm and wished I had my sunglasses.

Tomorrow.......Is sort of like my Thursday. You see, I’m taking the 7th-17th off of work. I can’t wait.

5 snacks I enjoy....
-popcorn
-carrots from the market
-chips and dip (whether they are potato chips and ranch dip or taco chips and salsa or guacamole, I love them all)
-cheese and crackers
-chocolate

5 songs I know all the words to....
-Oh Canada in English and in French
-Most of the songs from The Sound of Music
-Most of the songs from Mary Poppins
-ummm….I’m sure there are more but I can’t remember

5 things I would do with $100,000,000....
-invest, that way I’d have more money to work with
-donate
-pay off my mum’s house
-perhaps buy a “cottage” (and I’d pronounce it just like the guy from the lottery commercial, you know the guy that buys “you each your on cottages”)
-go to school

5 locations I would love to run away to....
-Canmore
-The continent of South America. I’d run away and travel the continent
-Europe. Again, I’d just travel around.
-Fiji or somewhere like that. Just chill, read books, swim in the ocean.
-New York

5 things I like doing...
-reading
-walking
-snuggling
-playing games
-talking with people

5 things I would never wear...(some of these I have worn, but hope never to wear again)
-tapered jeans
-acid wash
-this dress
-anything Bai Ling is wearing
-a skirt that I couldn’t sit or bend over in

5 recently seen movies I like...I’m not sure I could even name the last 5 movies I’ve seen but I’ll put the first 5 that pop into my head that I think I’ve seen in the last year that I liked.
-Born into Brothels
-Downfall
-Napoleon Dynamite
-Hotel Rwanda
-Star Wars Episode III

5 biggest joys of the moment...
-the sun
-the fact that I will have 11 days off in a row starting on Thursday
-I’m getting married (who knows when, but likely in the next year)
-friends
-family

5 favourite toys...
ummmm…I don’t know. I like my computer…I’m not really a “toy” person. Though I’m really wanting an ipod.

3 comments:

The Rev said...

Oh my goodness! I keep forgetting about Sunday. For some reason coming here reminded me. I'm so excited!

Evey said...

oh oh oh, what happens sunday?

K said...

Don't you forget it! There will even be some other kids for your kids to play with...
Not tonnes of kids mind you, but at least 3 other kids. (how many times can I saw kids???)

Evey...a party to celebrate my birthday and Jordans thesis defence