Monday, March 07, 2005

what makes me mad...

This made me swear this morning. A man wanted to kill himelf (and succeeded) so he and his 5 year old daughter went to a bridge over one of the busiest highways in Toronto. Police were called when he was seen dangling his daughter over the bridge. Eventually, he jumped and brought his daughter with him. He died. His daughter didn't even break a bone...so while that's the good part of the story, I don't imagine she'll ever forget it. Could you just imagine falling like that? And then probably looking over and seeing your dad? Knowing your dad did this to you???
Of course I don't know the whole story...but in the article it says he may have wanted to punish his wife for what went wrong in their relationship. AAAHHHH! There has to be some sort of illness at work too...because most parents I know wouldn't hurt their child to get back at their spouse.
Anyway, I just had to get that out. It's bothering me that it happened.

No comments: