Saturday, February 05, 2005

brrr

It's back to being winter.

So here's my question: Why do people make up excuses for not doing something instead of just saying "I don't want to come out" or "sorry, I just don't feel like it".
I know I've done it in the past, though I'm not 100% sure why. Maybe because we don't want the person to think that the reason we don't want to go out is because of THEM and not because of US. Sometimes, you just don't want to go out or hang out...and that's ok. But excuse after excuse really grates on you.

1 comment:

revswife said...

Don't you like my excuses? I thought they were good. Besides, we came out the last time you called....I am just being sarcastic, I hope you are getting that.
Some people don't realise how much they are cutting themselves off from everyone else by not hanging out. When Steve and I first got married we cut ourselves off, but not really on purpose. None of our friends had mates yet. So it was pretty boring for Jordan to come and hang out with us, poor Jordan, how awkward.
Speaking of Jordan, I think he would be a great blog writer, please convince him of this! He makes me laugh.
So, back to your post, I think those people that are cutting themselves out don't really realise the damage they are doing for the future. What are they going to do when they have kids and no one to play with? ETC! Sorry for rambling.