Monday, January 10, 2005

brrrrr....it's really cold

When it was this cold last year, I didn't have a job. I didn't have to worry about getting out of bed before the heat came back on or starting the car when the windchill was -35 or hoping my feet would unfreeze before 9...I got to stay inside. It is in weather like this that I wish I could have my own home based business/job so that I didn't have to go outside unless I wanted to. It's not supposed to get much better anytime soon either. Sure, it might go up to -10 today, but not while I'm outside. I hope my car (that does not have a block heater) continues to start all week.
Why oh why do I still live in the land of winter. Why do I work in an office with no natural light? I only see the sun on the weekend...

5 comments:

revswife said...

I'd rather -10 than +30! Who likes to be hot and sweaty? i do not like cold feet though, and it is terribly hard to get out of bed these days.

The Rev said...

"I work inside where it's nice and warm. Boo hoo. It's cold outside but I don't work outside. I'm inside and I don't have to be in the cold that is so cold. I hate the cold and work inside where it's warm and don't have real reason to complain about the cold. Boo hoo hoo. I'm cold and I suck and boo hoo."

K said...

Ahhh...but you see the sun. The glorious happy bringing sun. I still wouldn't want to work outside mind you...but I've know that for a long time. I just need a window. Yeah, maybe I need one of those sun light contraptions.

Anonymous said...

Apparently, at this time of year at this latitude we do not get enough sun exposure to get our daily dose of vitamin D, so unless you drink milk (which is Vitamin D fortified)or a take a supplement, a visit to a tanning salon several times a months will get you the necessary Vitamin D dose. Your body doesn't know that the UV is not from the sun. Vitamin D deficiency is apparently more common than we think and moods are affected by the deficiency.
Google it.
Revs dad.

K said...

I have actually been considering going tanning a couple of times a month...though I hear my mother's voice in my head telling me I'll get cancer from that. Then again...depression or the SADD would be no fun either.